So it's study hall, and I'm a little bored. I honestly don't have many profound thoughts to face the world with right now. But I do have this: tis the end of the school year.
Today is the last day for many seniors here, and I'm kind of sad about that. I know a lot of the seniors this year, so it's going to be hard to say goodbye. This is the first time that I've had to say goodbye to a group of seniors that I actually knew well.
I'm reminded that I have a legacy that I'm going to leave behind here. Most of the seniors I know have left a really good legacy for me to remember them by. So it begs the question, what legacy am I leaving to the classes behind me.
I am only a sophomore right now, so I really haven't much of a chance to leave a legacy. In fact, I didn't know pretty much any of this year's seniors until this year. So I have time. It's still food for thought though.
Senior Ashton Duncan is writing a speech for some end of the year ceremony, it may even be graduation; I honestly don't know. But I was reading her notes, and one of the things she said struck me. She said, I've always tried to build relationships in high school. One I did that was by always trying to leave people feeling better than they were before they started talking to me,
or something like that.
Anyways, the bell is about to ring. Maybe I should adopt that mentality. Sorry for not writing for so long. Thank you.
Thursday, May 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment